Cinnamon is considered among the earliest spices and unsurpassed ingredient in the kitchen. It has a very pleasant smell and taste and is used as an addition to fruit salads, pies, and other desserts. Lots of people like the coffee that sprinkled with a little cinnamon, since it will get a special flavor. It may also be added to tea and other drinks.
In fact, one has to distinguish between two types of cinnamon. The second is that the Chinese cinnamon, which is of lesser quality, and as such is suitable for industrial production fresheners, scented candles and the like. Chinese cinnamon isn’t recommended in the diet as it contains more coumarin than allowed. Ingredient coumarin in larger doses can cause kidney and liver damage.
See why cinnamon is good for your wellbeing.
1. It controls blood glucose levels – Several studies have shown that cinnamon has a positive effect on glucose levels.
3. It relieves the symptoms caused by poisoning – Cinnamon has a strong antibacterial effect and is excellent in the treatment of stomach problems caused by salmonella and E. coli. Ground cinnamon, oil or tea of cinnamon, are effective in neutralizing stomach problems.
4. Helps in the treatment of symptoms of irritation gut syndrome – Cinnamon drastically reduces the unpleasant symptoms of irritation bowel syndrome, particularly helps with flatulence. This plant stimulates digestion and helps in the treatment of bacterial infections. In addition, cinnamon is an excellent treatment for stomach cramps.
5. Helps with osteoporosis and arthritis – Cinnamon is full of manganese, which helps build bones, blood and connective tissues in the body. Individuals that have less of manganese in the body frequently suffer from osteoporosis and arthritis. In pain due to arthritis can help massage oil of cinnamon or sipping tea cinnamon.
6. Cinnamon affects cognitive growth and memory – Regular consumption of cinnamon protect the health of the mind and enhance concentration.
7. It is powerful antioxidant – Cinnamon is one of the top foods rich in antioxidants. They help regenerate cells and relieve the body of harmful free radicals.
8. Helps with weight loss – Cinnamon improves circulation and may accelerate metabolism. Therefore, you’ll be successful in the fight with overweight.
9. Relieves muscle pain – If you feel pain in your muscles it will help you massage cinnamon oil.
11. Cinnamon improves the health of teeth and gums – Cinnamon oil is often utilised in the production of chewing gum, candy freshening breath, mouthwashes, and toothpaste. This is primarily because of the strong antimicrobial effect of cinnamon.
12. Relieves colds, sore throat, and cough – Tea made from cinnamon or tea with cinnamon positive effect on problems brought on by a cold or a sore throat, and can relieve a cough.
13. Relieves symptoms of PMS – Since it’s full of manganese, cinnamon is a great way to reduce the unpleasant symptoms of PMS. This spice relieves spasms and relieves tension.
14. Against the symptoms of food poisoning – Cinnamon calms ailments brought on by food poisoning, can neutralize bacteria, fungi, and other microbes.
16. Relieves a hassle – If you suffer from a migraine or regular headaches, first aid can be tea of cinnamon.
Use Ceylon cinnamon to remove coumarin related side effects.